“He was not among the top 10 at the betting shops, but made a surprise”; “The song could be considered an outsider, but it turned out to be dynamics,” are part of comments in the Greek media after Tamara Todevska’s performance at Eurovision yesterday, and the title that prevails is that “Northern Macedonia was the great surprise of Eurovision”.
The talent of Tamara was predicted by the Greek screenwriter, actor and host, George Kapuzvidis, who, together with journalist Maria Kozakou, commented on this year’s Eurovision edition of the Greek state television ERT.
– This is a song that is not among the top 10 at the betting shops, but it can be a surprise and it can have a very high ranking, said Kapuzvidis immediately after Todevska’s performance, as the journalist added.
– And it will be a pleasant surprise because it is a beautiful song, Kozakou said during the transfer of ERT, MIA reports.
Prior to Todevska’s performance, the viewer’s audience explained to them that the name “the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia under which neighbors have acted since 1998 has already been replaced with Northern Macedonia”.
– A new name, but not a new person, because Tamara Todevska comes to Eurovision for the fourth time, but for the first time alone, the host said.
Eurovision commentators at state television ERT, several times during the jury voting, commented that Todevska had an excellent, dynamic and emotional performance, but also that “historical moments live in Skopje”.
Oinalne Greek media reports, in the Eurovision texts, comment that “Northern Macedonia was a great surprise”.
– Maybe the song from Northern Macedonia at Eurovision 2019 was considered an outsider, but it turned out to be dynamic. In the voting of state juries from the countries of Eurovision 2019, the 12 points fell as rain from the countries, with the result of being in the second position, slightly losing the first place from Sweden, the informative portal “Ajefimida” writes, adding that due to the small number of votes from the audience finally got to the eighth position.
-The ball with the ballet “Proud” has every reason to feel proud because it forced out applause from the audience, resulting in great surprise, writes the site of the weekly “Prototype”.
– It failed to reach the top, but the performance of Northern Macedonia at Eurovision 2019 was singled out by others. The ballet of Tamara Todevska “Proud” was a big surprise, and the singer received many positive comments, according to the information portal “Zugla”.